Friday, June 20, 2014

A couple of notes

A few of you know that as of a few days ago I decided to take my portion of the blog a slightly different direction. I feel that people - veteran's stories need to be told.

So far it's been an emotionally draining experience. I have tons of notes, texts etc from people trying to clarify the stories to present you guys with accurate reports - however what I learned is that there isn't any true objectivity here. I'm not trying to drive home a point like my past few blogs, so much as I am providing an outlet for Vets to tell their stories. So like I said this is a bit of a departure from the normal ranting and raving that I have been doing - yet still carries the theme of ending the stigma surrounding PTSD when it comes to combat veterans.

We're going to see some stories from a variety of sources - some from Iraq - others from Afghanistan. Some of these stories are very near and dear to me. Some are friends - brothers that I served with personally, others are individuals that I have never met that had the desire to come out and talk to me about their experiences.


To those of you that stepped up... I sincerely thank you. Please encourage others you know to contact me.



On a second note I am proud to announce that GIJenn from Warrior Talk Radio will also be a new contributor to this blog. I am very proud to have her on board, and I think that this partnership will help to boost both of our numbers.

Additionally, I will be getting a hold of Gatsby later today to try and get his head out of his books and contribute a post or two.


www,warriortalkradio.com

#endthestigma


Fuckin' scream it from the rooftops bitches.

-Jon



No comments:

Post a Comment